Hey guys, so I saw this post from a few other bloggers and I thought it was quite interesting, I should give it a go. Now, I already know and can confess that I spend way too much money on make-up (I have like storage boxes on top of storage boxes *uhhh* 😳), we all are a victim of buying a product, trying it and it failing on all levels😣. Well, thats happened a lot since I have oily skin which makes it really hard for me to find the right products that give me a full coverage and long lasting, not being colour matched properly 😡 – don’t you just hate that, I gave up and do it myself now, and then just simply over buying *Guilty* 😳.
Okay, so I do have a few looks – Gym, everyday, and full glam but for this tag I will go for my everyday look.
- Smashbox photo finish foundation primer £26.00
- Make Up For Ever Camouflage Creme Palette £30.00 (converted from US Dollars $40)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo £17.00
- Charlotte Tilbury magic foundation £29.50
- Benefit Roller Lash mascara £19.50
- Anastasia Beverly Hills powder Light contour kit £39.00
- BECCA Cosmetics Highlighter £30.00
- Make Up Forever HD Finishing powder £22.00
- Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Setting Spray £22.00
- Carmex £2.69
- MAC Whirl lip liner £13.00
- MAC Whirl lip stick £15.50
uhhh, as I was writing all that I was trying to do the maths and it began to get higher… so, yeah I gave up. Everybody’s friend, The Calculator, came to play… giving me the results:
I’m doing two results with the picture of the make up look as I’ve recently stopped wearing lipliners and lipstick for the past few months. One with Carmex (most recent photo) and one with Lipstick (a couple months ago).
TOTAL: £237.69 (carmex only)
TOTAL: £266.19 (with lipstick)
Did the price shock me? 😲😧 Errrr, Yeahhhh. Well kind of. I was expecting the price to be fairly high but less than £200. And this is only my everyday make up, so like I said I know I spend a lot of money on make up, but this much!? This is like an intervention for me lol. BUT, luckily I don’t need to buy it every month, most of my products last me at least 4-5 months some of them longer!
This is such a good idea for a tag, definitely recommend doing one, for make up or skincare :). I would love to read some if you have done one already or will be doing one, leave the link in the comments and I’ll have a read! Also, what other tags are you doing? let me know please – newbie alert! lol.
Thanks for reading.
– sssxldn –